Picked On?!

Picked On?!
10/21/2009 3:14:13 PM abeja_reina_1989 41 Posts
I know this happens all the time, but I wanted to bring it up and see what you guys think about this. So, when Kristen was a star in Panic Room, she was picked on by her fellow classmates. I don't understand picking on someone for something like that. I would admire the person and want to ask them about the experience. What an isolated feeling that must have been! Her being as shy as she seems to be must not have helped. She reminds me a lot of myself, so maybe that's why I like her so much. It's nice to see "normal" people in Hollywood. (I know they're all just people, but I really like when they honestly act like it)
www.adviceandrelationships.com
RE: Picked On?!
10/21/2009 4:01:19 PM #1Fan 17 Posts
I actually understand where the other kids were coming from. Do you guys remember the pepsi commercials like 10 years ago? With that little girl with curly hair? She was in bicentennial man too! Well she was in my school and people used to make rumors about her that she was such a brat that her hair was all extensions, that she was conceited and spoiled. No body except like 3 girls really knew her well she was shy and wouldn't approach anyone. But whenever anyone would hear those things about her its just juicy and they believe it's true! I know I did, I was so excited when I was told she really was the Pepsi girl and I couldn't wait to go home and tell my parents and my friends outside of school that her hair was fake! I feel terrible about it now especially because on my last day at school she was in front of me in line and she actually talked to me. She was suchhh a sweet girl. So not a brat and definitely not spoiled. And she was playing with her hair right in front of me, it wasn't fake..
10/26/2009 3:36:09 PM checkers 16 Posts checkers's Avatar
yeah, people (especially young kids) can be so mean about that kind of thing. it's just coming from a jealous place, but it would still be hard to go through that. it makes you tougher though, and if you're going to survive hollywood, you need a tough skin. no matter who you are, famous or not, people will give you a hard time throughout your life. KS really seems like she knows who she is, and i really admire that about her.
Smile!
10/26/2009 3:55:55 PM kyle 80 Posts
i have always been picked on and made fun of at school and i for one hated school or outside of school
hello,my name is kyle
10/28/2009 12:10:42 PM cheeky 5 Posts cheeky's Avatar
I was picked on in elementary school. I don't think it matters whether your a Hollywood star or just a kid, if someone decides to make a juicy rumor about you or pick on you most of the time the rest will follow! I know that's how it was with me. However as soon as I got in high school, it was kind of weird all the kids that used to make fun of me turned out to be ugly and were now made fun of and I was never made fun of again. But I guess when your a celebrity they make fun of you even more just because your name is used more often.
11/7/2009 4:43:28 PM sofia 110 Posts
Well I guess those kids were just teasing her or maybe just purely envious of Kristen..does Kristen don't have any friends in school?
11/7/2009 4:49:54 PM sofia 110 Posts
hi cheeky..yeah you're absolute right on this...its a normal thing for kids to do at school..and I experienced that too and I think everyone did...(but only once when I was in elementary)..I think jealousy or envy is the main cause of this..
11/9/2009 3:11:07 PM Cheezits 20 Posts Cheezits's Avatar
I've been teased and picked on since i was first born whether it was by my older brother or by the kids at school or my boyfriend! I guess people just enjoy pushing my buttons. But I learned to live with it, I don't get teased in mean ways anymore but I sure did when I was younger. I hated it but I learned to accept it and it was weird as soon as I decided to just deal with it everything stopped. No one teased me in mean ways anymore now everyone teases me in a loving way and I'm used to it. It feels kind of weird when they don't.
1/16/2010 11:06:15 AM raymail 25 Posts
Being Picked on is a part of life.. I believe at every stage of life this occurs naturally. Even if you are a hollywood staror a roadside cleaner.. you will be picked on.. Its all about how sportively you take it and wait for your turn to come..
8/3/2010 9:48:15 PM strategos 243 Posts
i'm the same age as her and you always have those few people who pick on people for no reason, so I could see it having happened in my school but there probably woulda been way more who were nice to her. I was like weird & didn't really have a cliq (spelling? idk) but I was nice to everyone and everyone was nice to me (to my face at least)

whenever someone made fun of me I sorta just laughed it off and everyone else would stick up for me and the person who did it would end up feeling bad hahaha but i'd still be nice to them w.e no one is perfect

I so wish I coulda gone to the same high school as her she seems like such a nice/cool person
“Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ~Karl Von Clausewitz~