runaways

runaways
5/4/2011 12:48:38 PM KayKay 2 Posts
im a ch ch ch ch ch..... ch CHERRY BOMB!!!
RE: runaways
5/5/2011 2:58:38 PM BellaSwan5124 14 Posts
i think the runaways is the beat rated R ever omg i loved it so much.
-devin mills
5/7/2011 10:43:55 AM BellaSwan5124 14 Posts
i think the runaways is the coolist movie ever lol.
9/4/2011 12:07:28 AM martincovax 14 Posts
yeah......I agree......Jaymes and Dakota Fanning both did
a wonderful job......and the guy who played Kim Fowley was
excellent too.
I listened to Rodney on the radio too.....back in those days..
that call-in by Cherie Currie.......it made you tear up.....
because we just loved her.............and I still love the
rebellious anthem "Cherry Bomb" after all these years.
A R U N A W A Y F A N........and still rebellous.

hello Dad.........hello Mom............brilliant song...
12/20/2011 8:41:46 PM jrcjazzed2011 6 Posts
Our Dear Kristen Stewart, Well, to begin with, you totally convinced me you are a very talented “wild one”. Michael Shannon as Kim Fowley really is the luckiest “dog (whatever)” to star in this biopic with Dakota Fanning and you and help you as Joan Jett put together The Runaways - a ground breaking first all girl rock n roll mid-1970’s band that got signed and came out with albums - The Runaways, The Runaways Queens of Noise and Live in Japan.

I simply adored your exuberant energy on and off the stage. I love the way you bonded with Dakota as Cherie Currie as you two meet in the club and hang out together after her audition to be the band’s lead singer. You joyfully jumped up and down in one scene while walking with Kota.

I love the way you try and protect Kota from Fowley and try and keep the band together as she is aggressively promoted as the Rock Goddess. The love between Joan and Cherie was a lot deeper than the kissing and experimental sex they engaged in together while on the road. Another sign you two were very close is when Cherie faints just after you jump in her face about promoting her crotch instead of the music. I got totally upset seeing Kota bummed out in the shower and then falling down in a dead faint out of the elevator. I really gasped! It was adorable when you got in bed with her at the hospital.

I emotionally squirmed as you became enraged and turn on Fowley when Cherie finally walks out on the band in the middle of a recording session. I was touched by your pain as you confront Cherie in the hallway as she walks out. I had the thought that since Cherie came from an acting family that she felt compelled to get the acting bug out of her system. Of course, she was very troubled about her family and addicted to drugs by this time.

I loved the way you put together “Love is Pain” while soaking in the tub. I had the feeling “Love is Pain” and “Crimson & Clover” reflected the love you two had for each other. You work through this pain and throw everyone in your place out and go about your music and eventually form Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Dakota and you both gave strong, dramatic performances as well as the rest of the band. Stella Maeve was adorable as Sandy West - the most talented drummer of her time. The other band members had their moments on the stage and in the recording room. I love the beautiful smiles you girls flashed through out the movie.

The director kept up the pace and gave us 70’s nostalgia with the music and clothing.
I recommend to everyone the DVD for the commentary and the extra features on The Runaways. jrcjazzed2011/James
12/21/2011 6:51:50 PM gaksfan 478 Posts gaksfan's Avatar
Very well said sir, thank u :)
3/15/2012 9:38:27 AM PolM 4 Posts
I saw The Runaways the movie in 2010 and Kristen's performance swept my feet off the ground. Kristen plays the role of Jett very convincing, and it's like Kristen IS the spirit of the band - it's HER band; her own child. Kristen expresses the same fiery enthusiasm and excitement had she been the head of old time Runaways.

One of my favorite parts of the movie is in the beginning when she visits a clothes store. At the counter there's a man wearing a black leather jacket, and Kristen/Jett says to the sales assistant: "I want what he's wearing".

Another highlight of the movie is the scene when Kristen and Dakota kisses. I deliberately use their own names, because I more see the acting performance than a replay of a kiss between Jett and Currie. It's a very sensual and intense performance by the two actresses. It may not have been an easy job to accept because of all the rumours it could spark. Well done, both of you.
3/15/2012 9:38:49 AM PolM 4 Posts
I saw The Runaways the movie in 2010 and Kristen's performance swept my feet off the ground. Kristen plays the role of Jett very convincing, and it's like Kristen IS the spirit of the band - it's HER band; her own child. Kristen expresses the same fiery enthusiasm and excitement had she been the head of old time Runaways.

One of my favorite parts of the movie is in the beginning when she visits a clothes store. At the counter there's a man wearing a black leather jacket, and Kristen/Jett says to the sales assistant: "I want what he's wearing".

Another highlight of the movie is the scene when Kristen and Dakota kisses. I deliberately use their own names, because I more see the acting performance than a replay of a kiss between Jett and Currie. It's a very sensual and intense performance by the two actresses. It may not have been an easy job to accept because of all the rumours it could spark. Well done, both of you.
10/25/2012 9:45:27 AM saranolan100@gmail.com 6 Posts
as am I