Network of Halfway Houses

Network of Halfway Houses
1/18/2011 10:43:13 PM catd 1 Posts
yahoo.com had a article today, January 18, 2011, indticating that Kristen wants to use some of her money to set up a network of halfway houses to help those struggling to get back on their feet. I immediately thought of Polaris Project, a nonprofit in Washington, DC dedicated to just that.

I hope that Kristen gets to learn about Polaris Project for her own project and/or to combine forces. Just google it - - it's an amazing effort!

Great idea, Kristen!
catd
RE: Network of Halfway Houses
1/19/2011 6:16:37 AM sunnyside1884 1 Posts
they are doing one in texas calld "home of hope". they will be doing recovery and counseling and things needed in between while there. houston has one of the largest human smuggling rings! that is really sad. these people get drugged up and made to have sex with anyone and everyone! so sick. one lady rallied up some support and should be on it's way, but was having some snags. and just recently she died in a horrible car crash. so i'm sure they had to deal with those legal issues of changing names and stuff. and i know they will still be needing plenty of support. you can look it up online.
sunnyside1884