The Runaways

The Runaways
9/24/2010 3:13:17 PM jlacerra 2 Posts
Kristen nails Joan Jett! Well, Joan's character, anyway. The movie stays a bit too intensive (IMO) on the character of Cherie Currie, played excellently by Dakota Fanning. But I wanted more Kristen. And I think Jett is the more interesting character. The movie depends on the characters to overcome a fairly pedestrian rags-to-riches-to-drugs rocker script. But fear not, Kristen shines and puts another feather in her cinema cap.
RE: The Runaways
10/7/2010 8:13:48 PM HipSkool 1 Posts HipSkool's Avatar
Yeah I would've like to have seen more Kristen in the movie too. But she and Dakota both did a great job. I think they didn't focus on her as much because the movie was based off of Cherie's autobiography book(which is amazing by the way...a must read!).

This movie instantly became one of my top favorites and gave me a lot of respect for Kristen as an actress. She really embodied the character she played. I hope she does more radical pictures like these.
I <3 Mullets.
1/7/2011 3:00:27 PM cherylfoster 1 Posts
The Runaways is a 2010 biographical film about the 1970s all-American girl, to rock that bears the same name. Escapees received generally favorable reviews from critics. Kristen Stewart plays a rhythm guitarist and vocalist Joan Jett, and Michael Shannon plays a record producer Kim Fowley. The film depicts the formation of the band in 1975 and focuses on the relationship between Korean and Jet until the departure of Corey from the band. This scene is accompanied by scenes from Joan blowing something with a friend.
[url=http://www.translia.com/translation_agency]translation agency[/url]
5/3/2011 7:03:22 PM lauralynn 16 Posts lauralynn's Avatar
Yes, Kristen did portray Joan to a tee, but unfortunately that hasn't been a good thing for her. Since the filming of 'The Runaways' her demeanor and language leave much to be desired.
Whether she likes it or not, she is a role model for thousands of young, impressionable girls and when they see her smoking and "flipping-the-bird" at authority figures, and then hear her swear like a sailor with F*** this and F*** that....does she really think she's sending a positive message? Does she really think people are going to want to be around her? Do business with her or have any respect for her? Not if she keeps acting like that.
She has the potential to be a very beautiful and lovely young woman if she wants to. But it's not going to happen if she continues down the road she's traveling, nether is her carrier going to last very long. They way she smokes, drinks, and I don't know if it's true but if it is, doing drugs. Even if it's not, just the smoking and drinking alone will reek havoc on her skin and body over the next 10 years, and at the rate she's consuming by 31 yrs. she'll look more like 53 yrs. That's IF she hasn't gotten one form of cancer or another, or pickled her liver or kidneys. What I wouldn't give to be her life-coach and help her clean up her life and help her get back on track to where I know she wants to be.
And Rob is just as bad as she is, in fact they are by now co-dependant on each other for keeping their addictions going. Very sad!