K11 proves Kstew's significance as an actor an icon of the post-title IX American "girl"

K11 proves Kstew's significance as an actor an icon of the post-title IX American "girl"
3/17/2010 8:35:02 AM xobley 4 Posts
It is clear that the fans of KStew recognize that she is among a few mainstream Hollywood actors that actually transcend the BS that is inevitably attached to their official branding. The insistent superficiality and expectation to fulfill mainstream consumer demands weigh heavily on all actors, especially young women first bankable asset continues to be "Are they considered f***able by the 18-35 year old male demographic?" With the exception of the Interview magazine interview with Dennis Hopper, KStew's originality, that which should interest her fandom above all of the awards and fashion shots, is generally swamped under the ridiculously banal questions she is repeatedly asked on talk shows. I wish someone would ask her a question that gives her an opportunity to reveal some of her deeper thoughts about her work (both artistic and charitable) and her place within american cultural iconography. Most people will dismiss her role in K11 as simply a weird anomaly, a fun family fact, or even a mistake. As a transgendered identified person, I for one am very excited that she is playing this role and that it may bring greater understanding to what it means to be an artist, not merely an actor for mass cultural appeal.
"Every artist writes his own autobiography." Havelock Ellis (1859-1959)
RE: K11 proves Kstew's significance as an actor an icon of the post-title IX American "girl"
4/1/2010 2:06:51 PM kookoo 29 Posts kookoo's Avatar
I don't think she needed to play a transvestite to be a more understood actress. She could do that with any role.
RE: K11 proves Kstew's significance as an actor an icon of the post-title IX American "girl"
8/3/2010 9:14:51 PM strategos 243 Posts
wat do u mean a fun family fact?
“Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ~Karl Von Clausewitz~
"fun family fact"
7/17/2011 11:43:14 PM xobley 4 Posts
strategos,
kristen's mother is the scriptwriter/producer of K-11, so this is often the second thing mentioned about the project after the revelation that she's playing a male character.
"Every artist writes his own autobiography." Havelock Ellis (1859-1959)