Zip the Cure

Zip the Cure
12/24/2009 8:13:23 AM monica 1 Posts monica's Avatar
Hi Everyone!

I know that Kristen is involved in raising money for Juvenile Diabetes and I thank her for that. I am also involved in a project to raise money and awareness for juvenile diabetes. Does anyone know how to get in touch with Kristen? I would like to see if she can help our project in any way.

My name is Monica and I am 15 years old and live in Pittsburgh, PA. I have had Type 1 Diabetes since I was 13 months old, and I have been involved in fundraising for diabetes research for as long as I can remember. I came up with a great idea to raise money: Raise $100 in every zip code in the United States. JDRF approved my idea as a third party fundraiser, we formed a non-profit organization, and created an awesome website that will show graphically when a zip code is "sponsored." The map of the US will start out yellow, and as each zip code is sponsored, the zip code area will turn to green. When we are finished selling this map, the entire country will be green. I think this is the first time anyone has tried a project like this.

This is a national program and we have about twenty state captains that help promote the website throughout the country. So far, we have about 70 zip codes sponsored in 21 states and over 625 facebook friends. Although it may take a while for the concept to catch on, once it does it has the potential to raise millions of dollars for research to find a cure.

We have been approved by the IRS as a 501c Charity. Also, we do not have any paid employees and all proceeds will benefit JDRF. We went live on November 14, 2009, which is World Diabetes Day.

I hope you (and Kristen) can find enough time to visit our website at www.zipthecure.com and see what Zip the Cure is all about. If you like the concept, I hope you can help me in my mission to raise money to find a cure for diabetes. If anyone has any questions or comments, my email address is monica@zipthecure.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Monica
RE: Zip the Cure
12/24/2009 8:24:12 AM xxblue77xx 93 Posts xxblue77xx's Avatar
i only know that you can by snail mailing her. thats all. there are a few myspaces and fb pages. but you never know if they are really her or not.
12/29/2009 5:24:30 AM bluebird 13 Posts bluebird's Avatar
Maybe the admin of this forum could relay your request to KS. I presume they have a direct line with her.
none
12/30/2009 10:17:05 AM Jaguar 1 Posts Jaguar's Avatar
Hay Monica,

I don't know if this will work i got this on another Kristen fan site.

Kristen Stewart
The Gersh Agency
232 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
USA

This is the address for her agency, i really hope this works:)
1/6/2010 10:22:00 AM Casper 18 Posts Casper's Avatar
This is a really good idea. Wow $100 a zip code is really a few cents a resident! It's nothing but will save up millions! I really hope kristen see's this and supports this. If I was famous I would :) and I'll definitely donate when I get my paycheck!
1/6/2010 10:22:59 AM Casper 18 Posts Casper's Avatar
hey! I just found this in the post right under!
"The Twilight actress, 19, hit up the Dodger’s Stadium for the 2009 Juvenile Diabetes Resarch Foundation’s Annual “Walk To Cure Diabetes” ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrity ambassador introductions."
1/6/2010 4:26:28 PM KS4ever 24 Posts
I'm sure once Kristen hears about this, she will so be down for it. I'm going to donate for my zipcode as well.
1/17/2010 1:13:30 AM mail2leann 18 Posts
Appreciate your initiative Monica.. As fans of kristen it is also our responsibilitto support or fightt a cause for her.
1/17/2010 2:30:57 AM mailron 18 Posts
Good to see fellow members raising to the occasion. I will do whatevr i can for a good cause like this. Once again appreciate every1.
1/19/2010 2:41:02 PM twilightkiss 44 Posts twilightkiss's Avatar
I wish KS would post something on here just letting us know whether she would or wouldn't. Just hearing from her on her fan site would be sooo amazing!
8/3/2010 8:18:42 PM strategos 243 Posts
eh there's a lot of different fansites and if she actually started posting on them officially they would probably have an influx of traffic and it would just be too time-consuming to keep up
“Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.” ~Karl Von Clausewitz~